Small harvest

Did another quick harvest today - picked bunch of spinach - 9 oz of  it, some more asparagus - 3oz and some onions that decided to go into bloom - these were left over from last year so I guess I missed them when I was pulling everything out in the fall.
As you can see onions weight just over 8oz after being cleaned. I'll use some in cooking tomorrow.
Didn't want to harvest anything else yet even though chard could be picked. One thing I do need is to find a way to get rid of slugs - they're destroying all my Asian greens.

6 comments:

  1. Try pet hair, or your hair from the hairdresser. I used my hair from the last cut, cutting it in smaller bits. I lay a thick layer around my slug bait plants and the slugs stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks great! I was just writing a post earlier today for later this week regarding slugs. Wash egg shells and crumble up around your plants, buy a bag of crushed oyster shell or use Diatomaceous earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have crushed eggshells all over as a food for garden and that hasn't stoped slugs. I'll try sand, beer and if everything else fails I'll try diatom... earth.

      Delete
  3. There is always beer. Place several small aluminum pie plans in the garden and fill them with beer. The slugs are attracted to the beer and will drown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try the beer (thought we never drink it or have it in the house so i'd better get to the store)

      Delete