Eggplants

One thing that has not been very successful is growing eggplants. Every year I try couple of different varieties and while they looking nice and green they just don't have that many actual eggplants on them. The most success I had was Ichiban - long and purple asian variety. White did only 2 small eggs and striped had only 1. Maybe it's because this area never really gets warm enough for them to grow well. At any rate I will plant some again this year and will do it in the new garden area - it gets more sun than original garden and I will plant it with alot of composted manure so it should have plenty of nutrients. I want to go with bi color, ichiban and maybe Black Beauty. Let's see how it grows this time around.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am new with eggplants too, I have Black Beauty and Long Purple and put most of them in my sunny deck in containers, Will see. How many Hr of sun do you have for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were in my original garden which only gets late afternoon sun so that clearly was not enough. New garden gets morning and sun until 4pm so that should be better.

      Delete
  2. I have always struggled with eggplants, but I continue to grow them.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this year will be easier growing time for everyone :)

      Delete