Heirloom addiction

I'll be first to admit the obvious - I'm addicted to the heirloom tomatoes and peppers. Can't help it - they just really tend to be very good taste wise. Today we went to the local place that had an heirloom sale - tomatoes, peppers, greens, squashes - they were all there. And plenty to choose from. Of course I couldn't resist the temptation and got a tray filled.
I picked up Black Brandywine - yes, I know I have my own but I wanted additional ones. Also on the tray were Black Stripe Zebra, Black Prince, Aunt Ruby German green, Striped German, Black Truffle, Subarctic and Black Pineapple. Then there were Purple Beauty pepper, Chocolate, Pinot Noir and blushing beauty peppers. I can't help it - I'm definitely addicted. Now I have to find space for them. It's a good thing that I cleaned out some brassicas so I can plant some of these now :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an impressive list! I've never grown any of those varieties so I'll be interested to see how they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've grown Black Prince, Striped German and Black Truffle (trifel) before and i liked their taste. We'll see about the rest :)

      Delete