First tomatoes forming!

We should have had some formed earlier but the low 30's temperature that we had two weeks ago really did more damage that I thought. All tomatoes that were in flowers dropped them all and didn't bloom for another week afterwards. Now they're all blooming and we have first ones formed!
This is Roma tomato plant that has 3 baby tomatoes hanging. If anything I hope at least to have some for tomato sauces once they're all really start to produce.
 You can always pinpoint Cherokee Purple by it's first bloom - always a double one.
One of my tomato plants is truly a puzzle to me. Not sure which one this is, but it decided to have several stalks instead of one main one. Go figure, I've never seen plant like this before.
Mortgage Lifter was full in bloom before and after cold spell it dropped off all blossoms, so I'm very happy to see it again starting to bloom and looks like it will have a cluster of them.

10 comments:

  1. looking good! mine are still pretty small and this reminds me i need to get cages on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get more cages too, I'm about 20 short. :(

      Delete
  2. They all are looking great. Can't wait to see what comes off the multi stem plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! It's always fun to watch something new to grow.

      Delete
  3. Your tomatoes look great. I'll be planting mine this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomatoes are looking good and is the multi-stem a determinate tomato?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea because I've never had determinate tomatoes so not sure how they'll look. If it is, it's the Subartic variety - the only thing that is early and might be determinate.

      Delete