Greens and flowers

I know I'm not keeping up on posting as frequently as I should have been, but here are some updates on what's happening in the garden. Some of the seedlings that I planted were hard hit by deep freeze so I raided our local nursery for replacements.
Some still survived so I have both planted and growing.  Picture on the left are my seedlings; the right is the nursery - both beds have salads, broccoli, cabbages, cauliflower etc. The bed on the right also has onions and steaks indicating where tomatoes will be planted about a month from now - in Mid May.  Then here are some shots of newly woken up goodies - kale that was seeded last year, peas, radishes, asparagus etc.  Strawberries all have flower crowns so I hope for good results. Sorrel, Garlic chives all came back again this year.
Some of my overwintered broccoli and cauliflower started developing heads - they'll go to flower and seed this time.
Tiny bush of red Currants survived its first winter and has buds! it's hiding in the bunch of tulips. Next to it is nice red cabbage starting to form head; and then oddly shaped bed of garlic (don't ask me why half grew and half didn't).
Our blueberries are doing really nice and budding up, overwintered kale is gorgeous and first potatoes woke up at the same time as asparagus.
And then we have tons of flowers blooming and others waking - daffodils, hyacinths, tulips are blooming; peonies and bleeding heart are not far behind.
We have two new additions this spring - a new Peach and Nectarine trees to replace the ones that died. Let's hope new location will be better for them.
And our Apples, Plums, Cherries, Figs, Persimmon, Mulberry and walnut trees seem to survive the winter and budding up as well. On the new garden blackberry and raspberry bushes are also growing nicely mixed with grapes and more blueberries. Now to watch them grow and hope for good results.
 

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry that the frost got some of your seedlings. Your plants and flowers still look wonderful and I hope you do harvest a lot from them! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I hope you'll have a good season too.

      Delete
  2. hello,
    I am so sorry to hear about your seedlings.You have many plants in your garden.they looks wonderful. i like your spring flowers.
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win some and you lose some - and then you get more as other alternatives. Thank you for stoping by :)

      Delete