Happy Mother's Day

Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Mother's Day and do a quick walk around the garden. My beautiful Lilly of the Valley ready to greet anyone who comes to the front door.
Rhododendrons are full in bloom and surrounding house from front and back in gorgeous flowers. White ones are yet to open so no pictures of them so far - they'll come later.
Newly planted grape is ready go to into the bloom. It will be one of the white seedless grapes.
The bed of potatoes doing really good so far and needs to be mulched since i don't have enough soil to hill it I'm using hay to mulch it instead. But they seem to be happy with the poor soil and doing much better than my onions and tomatoes on the background.
Here is a close up of the onion bed. I might just pull them all out and use as green scallions instead.
Romaine lettuce is ready to be picked - I'll snip the leaves and leave the center growing so the plants will continue to produce for a bit longer.
Another newly planted bed of peppers and some tomatoes mixed in and a row of onion sets in the middle. Closer to the other end there are spinach and pack choy that needs to be pulled. Between some of the peppers I seeded carrots so hope they'll do well together.
Side view of the new garden - starting to slowly fill up with greenery. The sides are showing green from peas that I hope will finally start growing properly - they've been behind their schedule for some reason and very slow in growing this year.
and some of my new additions to the garden woke up and growing - lilies! There are also some Astibes that are growing too since I planted roots but they don't come out well in pictures.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, Love the smell of lily of the valley! When I had them before I had a hard time with them spreading. Do you have that problem with yours? Nancy at Cozy Thyme Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, they spread within their area by the porch but they are cut off from the rest of the garden by stone so not causing any issues.

      Delete
  2. Jenny--Your garden is looking good.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden looks nice all fenced in. Your plants look like they are doing fine in that soil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did put some compost under each plant as I was planting them so I hope it will grow well.

      Delete
  4. Jenny, your garden is really starting to take shape! It looks great.

    The speckled oak leaf lettuce that I sent Granny is 'Flashy Green Butter Oak' and their are several in the 'Wild Garden Mixed' I sent her. I have about 4 ozs of 'Wild Garden Mixed' lettuce seed left. Let me know if would like me to send you some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed - Thank you for your very kind offer and I would love to have some. I'll email you my address and I'd be happy to send you any of my seeds in excahnge.

      Delete
  5. Wow. Your garden is impressive! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it is alot of work but it's worth it.

      Delete
  6. Garden looks great...everything is so neat and orderly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thought I'll be happier when it's all overflowing in greenery.

      Delete