Midweek Community harvest

I went to the community garden last night and came home with a boatload of squash, couple of very large heads of broccoli, lots of beans and first two cucumbers - I am loving this season at the community plot. 
 
 And then picked some more goodies in the garden as I keep clearing out beds for replanting - a handful of tomatoes and leftover purple peas, few snow peas, first few peppers and cucumber, onions and beans. Bean seem to be picked up after few days of rain so it's making me very happy. And of course my black raspberries, though they are coming to the end of their season sadly.

  
This morning I dropped off zucchini and beans at the community kitchens so they can use for their meals. It's all good when you have enough to share :)

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous harvest - I can imagine all the wonderful meals you will make from these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is so nice to be able to harvest a full basket once again!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful harvest you are getting with so many things! Isn't it great to be able to preserve some of these things for winter eating!! Great that you have enough to share too. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blanched and froze some beans, broccoli an berries. For the most part we're enjoying fresh as it comes.

      Delete
  3. Lovely harvests. And I'm glad the community garden is producing for you after what happened at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Community garden is having one of the best years so far!

      Delete