Harvest at the end of July

It's been a long week away from home for me on business and very tiring, so the only thing I got done this weekend was to harvest ripe veggies from home and community garden and then just stay in bed and rest. In next few days I'll be catching up on garden chores like weeding. So here is the combined garden harvest from both sides. From home it's last of the wineberries, yellow and purple beans, tomatoes and peppers. Some of the tomatoes were picked green as couple of bushes died off suddenly and it was either take them or lose them, but they'll ripen on the counters and will be used in salads.
 
In the community garden, green and yellow beans,  cucumbers, broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes. Looks like rabits and groundhog found their way into community garden as well as I had to throw away quite a few half-eaten ripe tomatoes so I picked all that were low hanging and would be damaged.

How does your garden grow these days? 

12 comments:

  1. Everything looks so delectable! So many tomatoes! I so can't wait for my tomatoes to really get going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes are just starting out here and august will be the prime time for them. hope yours will pick up soon!

      Delete
  2. Nice harvest, looks like everything held for you while you were away. Rest up and then enjoy some time in teh garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, rest was much needed. I'm yet to figure out why my tomatoes died off in one week :(

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about the critter problems. I hope they leave some for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have plenty to share with us as there are 9 other plots to choose from :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, it makes my hubby happy to have tasty meals.

      Delete
  5. Lovely harvests. Critters are such a pain, but at least you still got quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, more than enough to eat for us and to share with friends.

      Delete
  6. Your harvests look colorful and delicious! I hope the critters remember to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, one of my favorite things is to enjoy taste visually before actual meal :)

      Delete