Veggies and chicken stirfry.

One way I use some of the veggies that I grow is chop them in small chunks ad toss them in stir fry. My hubby likes some of them - green beans and broccoli being one of his favorites, together with bell pepper, onions, spinach, carrots and bok choi.  And there are some that he really does not like, like cauliflower, kale or kohlrabi that he usually refuses to eat. But when I make stir fry and it's all thinly sliced and he doesn't really know what is what he likes it all. Like dinner for tonight.
So I stir-fry it all with some home-made asian sauce variation - black bean paste, drop of sesame oil, grape juice, soy sauce and a touch of sweet habanero preserves.

15 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks like a really neat recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! Looks like your gardening is producing very well for you.
    Happy Gardening! Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's starting to pick up on other than greens which makes me happy :)

      Delete
  2. I use that tactic, too. If you chop it small enough, they don't know what they are eating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! that's my favorite way of sneaking veggies in. That and mixing into meat sauce :)

      Delete
  3. LOL, I have the same thing in my Thursday's Cupboard post for tomorrow. We love chicken stir fry, and probably eat it once a week during gardening season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so sneaky! lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stir fry is definitely a great way to sneak in and use a variety of veggies in your meal.

    It's always a hit around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do alot of stirfry here in summer as well - quick and easy.

      Delete
  6. That looks really yummy. I enjoy making stir fries too. No two are the same unless I follow a recipe. Even my China living daughter enjoys them and she has had the real thing in China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and same here - none of the stirfry is the same here. Always change ingredients and sauces.

      Delete
  7. The fresh vegetable recipes are starting to come in strong now. Your stir fry looks delicious. We have two more weeks to wait, then our broilers will be ready and we'll have chicken again. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice! I wish I could have my own chickens but it's not going to happen. So I'm just happy to have fresh veggies.

      Delete
  8. That's a tasty looking stir fry! Wish I had some broccoli here. I need to try your chopping technique to sneak in unwanted veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll be picking my second round of broccoli this weekend and one of them is a giant variety. Can't wait to weight it in :)

      Delete