Around the garden - cucumbers, squash etc.

Just few shots to see how the garden is doing this weekend. It's sunny and warm with occasional thunderstorm, which is actually very good for my garden growth progress. We'll start with cucumbers - there are 6 of them planted but only 2 pictures. First one by the entrance gate.
others are spread out on several beds but they're all blooming and I see small cucs forming.
First yellow squash is forming so hopefully next week I can have first one for dinner.
Second yellow squash is also fruiting and blooming like crazy. Thankfully I only have 2 plants.
Honey Bear acorn squash is really taking off and starting to spread. It's mixed with green beans.
As you can see small squash bud is forming so it will go into bloom soon. I hope to have many of them for winter stored in the garage because I love them roasted and in soup.
Here are my cubanele pepper and one of my tomato plants - it's about 3.5 feet tall  now.
Broccoli was harvested today - we'll be eating it for several days because there are alot of it!
And my bush green beans that I scattered around my flower bed by the arbor are doing very nicely. Looks like they'll start blooming soon so hope for a first green beans harvest in a week or so.
Some of my peas were picked too - not alot but enough for my snacking. I do hope they'll pick up on growth soon so I can have a decent harvest of them and maybe shell some for winter too.
So how does your garden grow this time around?

6 comments:

  1. Looks as if your gardening is coming along great! I have never tried acorn squash, how do you fix it? Have fun! Happy Gardening! Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut it in half leght wise, scoop out seeds, put a bit of butter on edges and put into oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until the fork goes in through like into butter. Scoop it out into a pan, add 1 cup of stock, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1tb sp of smoked paprika, pinch of sea salt, pepper, pinch of ancho chili, pinch of all spice, cumin, or other spices if you like. I use immersion mixer to make it all smooth, bring to boil and serve warm.

    alternatively, peel it and chop into cubes and roast with carrots, potatoes and root veggies for a mixed dish - sprinkle oliveoil and choped garlic if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you'll be harvesting plenty in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This spring is my very first garden, and I simply planted a little of this and a little of that, frequently not enough to do much good. But it is a learning experience and I'm already taking notes of what we'll do differently.

    I'm learning so much from other people through Harvest Monday, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog and hope you'll find something interesting. First year on my small garden I also planted a little bit of everything and learned quickly what doesn't grow well and what I should plant more. For example, I love squash but my husband doesn't, so I only planted 2 plants this year. And since we love anything with carrots and tomatoes and peppers I planted many of them instead.

      Delete