Monday Harvest

This weekend was once again mostly planting, weeding and cleaning up garden, but I also got a chance to harvest some fresh greens. For our dinner it was nice to have some fresh scallions just off from the garden. I really need a better scale as this one shows it to be only 1.5oz and I thought it was more. Also picked up lots of parsley because it's really overgrown and if I don't snip it will bolt. I'd rather have it dried and used in the kitchen - so 3.5 oz added; Here is my first few stalks of rhubarb that someone from my work will use for a fresh pie. I'll wait until May to harvest more of it for my own pie - another 5ozSo overall we have 1.5+3.5+5= 10oz of fresh greens for first real harvest. My bok choi is almost ready to be picked so I think that might be my next harvest - stirfry!

Edit: Thank you Daphne for leting me use your script to keep track of total harvest!

5 comments:

  1. Nice looking scallions! I love those, especially in some black beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only picked enough for dinner and I love them in asian-stayle dishes and salad. How do you cook black beans? I tried making them few times but didn't like taste so not sure I want to plant any more this year.

      Delete
  2. nice harvests; I have some seed but haven't planted the parsley yet; just waiting for other more urgent things to get done first since it takes so long to sprout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't plant it this year as it decided to grow on it's own over winter in the coldframe. I had couple of plants in the garden last year and let them go into seed thinking I'll harvest seeds for later, but huricane Irene pounded them into the ground before I was able to save them so now I have 1/2 a bed of parsley. It's a good thing that it can be dried for winter :)

      Delete
  3. Your parsley looks like mine and I definately need to harvest some soon!

    ReplyDelete