Crunchy Harvest

It's not quite Monday just yet, but I decided to do my post on my harvest. I couldn't wait long enough and picked a handful of radishes yesterday for snacking - Cherry Belle variety. It was so yummy! Crunchy fresh and sweet, thought my hubby and I disagree what qualifies as "sweet".
And then this morning I picked 3 of my Bok Choy plants so I could add them to the veggie saute for lunch. Also were very yummy, and my hubby ate most of them (I did have a bite to try).
It's cold and raining outside today and looks like it's going to be like this all week so I hope next harvest will have some really good greens since they should be thriving in these conditions. How was your harvest?

Edit: because of the warning on snow storm I decided to pluck some more greens today so I added this lovely mess to my dinner table.
It's a mix of arugula, two types of lettuce and some snipets of mesclun mix salad and another bunch of radishes.

6 comments:

  1. Great looking harvest Jenny! We won't plant radishes until the mid-season; yours sure look tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they were very tasty and I like them both as a snack when they're fresh and not hot, and in a salad. They tend to get hot and woody if I plant them late so I only do it early in spring. As soon as they are harvested I'll plant beans in their place.

      Delete
  2. love those radishes! I try to remember to plant a few seeds every week or two when I'm planting other things so I can have them young and tender and not hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do too - plant few here and there every week until mid-May and then enjoy them while they're sweet and tender and not too peppery.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to grow some radishes for my husband. I don't care of them but he does!

    http://planetpooks.com/?p=4552

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is the oposite - he doesn't care for them and I love snacking on them :)

      Delete