My sweet hubby has been busy outside but he's also been experimenting with inside gardening. You probably seen my hydroponic setup that he designed and build himself after seeing something similar in the garden display in local area, but now he decided to add aeroponic set up - only 1 for now. Just to see how it works. Inside the 5 gallon bucket's lid he drilled holes, then set up a holding netting and placed the seeds in the same foam squares that we use for hydroponic - one tomato, bean, carrot and some greens like bokchoy and salad. Greens did not do well but carrot, tomato and bean are doing pretty good. Bean is actually getting ready to bloom. It's not really clear in picture but there is some kind of a set up that sprays liquid every few minutes to keep roots moist and allows it to grow. So leave it up for engineer to come up with new experiment.
And speaking of experiments, I added two new item this weekend - two Meyer Lemon dwarf trees. They will grow inside of course as they won't survive our harsh winter. As you can see first one even has tiny lemons and full in bloom.And second one is also in bloom but so far no lemons on it. They both smell so nice and filled up the entire room with the sweet smell! I found them both in my local walmart when I went to look for ground covers. Now I just have to make sure they survive and grow properly with other tangerine and orange trees that I got in winter. This is a first year for me with citrus so I hope they'll make it. And speaking of surviving, seems Mother Nature decided for me on my mix up of tomatoes - they're all got sick! Some are very leggy and thin, and some clearly show damaged leafs so I'm not sure if they'll make it. I'll remove them from the addition and put them on the enclosed porch and if they do make it I'll plant them outside without protection. For now I already started new batch of tomatoes - with different mix this time.Hopefully this time they'll grow better - and yes, I did label them each. I still have half the tray that was not seeded so I'll add more tonight and will also add more peppers as germination on them was not very good. So let's hope they'll cooperate.