Yo-Yo week

Another blow and another expensive damage. Mother Nature's mood swings is giving me royal whiplash. Bright and sunny day and all was perfect, until I got home and found one of my patio tables toppled over and the top laying tempered glass all shattered. Of course we had to order replacement to keep in the same set, but still stinks. Will I ever get to see people enjoying my backyard without damage?
And after that nice little "surprise" I got to watch a horde of deer once again prancing all over our area - and getting some nice treats from my neighbors. You have to look behind the cherry tree to see how many were snacking, but that gives you idea why they keep coming back day after day and on their way to the treats, demolish pretty much anything in their path which sadly includes my fruit trees and plants.
And as picture is worth the 1000 words, in the mimic of my baby girl and what she thinks of the deer.
On the happier note, more spring flowers are opening up and I'm enjoying some very nice pretties.
Bright colors of spring is really a treat, and even better part is that I know they'll keep spreading all over the area, so in couple of years I should have carpet of flowers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh God, Jenny...not exactly a good welcome home! Well, at least only the glass has to be replaced and not the entire set. You must be getting some really bad winds. I echo your baby's sentiment (so funny!!)

    The flowers are lovely! I don't have many spring bulbs planted, but once the borders are done, I'll likely go a bit crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the interesting part - our area is not known for "wind" tunnels and generally protected by mountains and trees. So having these wind micro-systems all of the sudden this year is a new experience. If I had to guess, I'd say the Jet Stream has changed from regular patterns and has shifted. Don't want to think what will happen when hurricane season starts.

      Delete
  2. I would say "enough already" and would be in tears! Hope things start treating you better soon. We had a table blow off the deck once and smash the top to smithereens. We had not bought it though but found it in someone's trash so was out nothing! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, I really hope it's the last of the "bad" for the year

      Delete