Deer meet apple seedlings.. and like it.

This is what happens when local herd of deer find my apple seedlings that were planted last year around new patio... and before anyone asks, yes there is a netting that "supposed to" protect these trees.
So now my hubby is researching a way to keep the deer out. Since these are multi-draft trees they have each at least 4 varieties on the same tree and self-pollinate each variety, I really want to keep them safe. Mother Nature is definitely not cooperating this year. But it's ok, she's been good to me in past, so just have to work around this headache.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh...deer are the worse to try to keep out. I hope you come up with a good solution - the only one I have ever seen is 6-7' high fencing which not exactly practical in a patio situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a plan for a fence all over the property but it's not on the high-priority at the moment so soft fencing will have to do for now. There is netting around the trees but the deer pushed past it.

      Delete
  2. So sorry you are having so many problems between the weather and the deer. Hope things go better for you. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, if you look at it from perspective of balance it all works out at the end. I just hope the rest of the year will be nice and mild.

      Delete