Black Dirt Harvest

I forgot to weight my harvest this week - mostly zucchinis, few tomatoes and cucumbers as they went all to the community kitchen before I realized my mistake. Oh well. But I do want to share a picture of beautiful Easter Egg Radishes that were picked yesterday at a farm in the Black Dirt region. For point of reference I placed a blank piece of paper on top - that's 8.5" wide :)

On the weekends I get to go to that farm and help out with little things like planting and weeding in spring/early summer or harvesting later in a year. And I got to bring few things like these lovely radishes and yard-long beans home to share with coworkers, which made them very happy.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are as lovely to look as they were tasty to eat :)

      Delete
  2. Nice colors on the radishes. I replanted mine after I pulled the garlic and am just starting to get a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planted few this weekend at home but they won't be ready till october so i'm happy that I was able to sample some from the farm. Hope yours will come out great.

      Delete
  3. Those are some beautiful, huge radishes! Thanks for the reminder - I purchased some seed this summer - and one of them was, in fact, the Easter Egg mix - I better get those in the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. best of luck with getting yours growing without any issues!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That they are! I've never had radishes that big growing so they must have loved that soil.

      Delete
  5. Those are some really big and pretty radishes. I just got some planted the other day in my garden. I hope they do well.

    ReplyDelete