Harvest Oct 12

This weekend we cleaned up large garden and started to prepare beds for winter. All left over plants were removed, leaving only 1 bed with some salads, radishes and peas remaining.  Few struggling tomatoes were saved for salad together with one lonely cucumber. In small garden I picked remaining beans from trellis. On the patio, hot peppers still producing so I picked what was somewhat ready and moved couple of the plants inside the house to overwinter - I hope they'll survive so I can plant them in spring and have a head-start.
I still need to see if my sweet potato plant produced anything this year in one bed (it was an experiment). Now we'll have to add more manure and compost to all beds and till it all over. Next weekend will be planting garlic for spring. Visit Daphne's page to see how others are doing with their harvest this week.

6 comments:

  1. Nice stuff, Jenny! Anything in mid-October is a gift, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I take anything that's fresh in October!

      Delete
  2. Still a very nice harvest for October! I miss the veggies and things but am kind of relieved when all is put to bed for the winter. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also looking for a nice break and some rest for winter :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know how I missed your post, Jenny - those are some beautiful October harvests! I'm totally down to all green right now - brassicas & a bit of lettuce. I'm with Nancy - love the gardening season, but I'm looking forward to the break that winter provides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very few lettuces and some peashoots but forgot to take picture of them before eating :) Glad you're still enjoying your greens.

      Delete