To make this chicken dish you will need:
- two small celery stalks thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 onion also thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breast also thinly sliced on the bias against the grain
- 1/3 cup of flour
- mix 1/3 cup of Marsala, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and tablespoon of soy sauce.
- you can add spoon of General Tsao sauce if you like it spicier.
- sea-salt and pepper to taste
Heat up a spoon of veg oil or grape seed oil on a skillet and quickly saute onions and sliced celery for about 3 min until it's softened. You can use EV olive oil but it tends to have stronger flavor and might overpower your dish. While it's cooking, mix flour, pinch of salt and pepper and toss sliced chicken until it's uniformly coated with flour. Remove veggies to the plate and add another spoon of oil to the skillet. Toss the flour-coated chicken on hot skillet in one even layer and slightly brown it on both sides (use large wide spatula to flip it) for about 3 min. When chicken is almost cooked add mix of Marsala, brown sugar and soy sauce and stir it all together. Add veggies and stir one more time to incorporate. Because of the flour the sauce will thicken up a bit so don't keep it on the heat for too long or it will start burning. Just cover with a lid and let it sit for 5 min as it will finish up cooking. Serve over rice and any additional greens (i had leftover green beans so I added to the chicken). Enjoy :)