Salads and Radishes harvest

Another couple of busy weeks flew by, and I really need to set aside time to do some blogging. Garden is producing, every day I pick greens for eating and even few radishes for snaking.

Something is always in bloom around the house, which makes me happy as I get to see busy bees flying around from flower to flower. They can use all the help they can get with nectar after hard winter.
At the farm things are really speeding up, and I've spent two weekends planting potatoes, onions, tomatoes and peppers, asian greens, beans, carrots, beets, melons, brassicas. Next weekend I'll be planting popcorn and decorative corn (not a big fan of eating type), squashes, cucumbers, basil, more tomatoes and more peppers.

During the week I'll go to the community garden and plant that area out. It's a busy time for everyone. How does your garden grow?

12 comments:

  1. Looks good. I don't know how you manage all those gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to reduce stress and get workout and it makes me happy. During the week I tend to my home and community areas, and on weekend is the farm. If I could quit day-job and just do gardening I'll be in heaven. But unfortunately bills need to be paid and we're not ready to retire, so gardening remains a hobby.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you have so much going on, and you are getting results. Nice haul of greens and radishes. Also love your automatic slideshow thingy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, the slideshow is linked to the photobucket and embedded on the side border.

      Delete
  3. Super radishes! The corn is beautiful, I assume that is yours from last year? I am growing the "eating kind" for the first time this year ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is corn that was grown by CSA last year and I got several in fall harvest share for thanksgiving, so I saved them for seed. Hope yours will grow nicely!

      Delete
  4. Busy, busy, busy - I know the feeling! Those are some beautiful radishes & greens. I even planted my radishes late this year, but hopefully I'll have some French Breakfast sizing up soon - they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of radishes - 30 days and they're ready for picking. Just keep them wet so they're not too peppery. I seed them well into June so I have nice snacks :)

      Delete
  5. I bet the bees do appreciate all those flowers. I know our bees are working on all we have blooming right about now. I try and have a mix of things because some of the flowers are more attractive than others, though the native bees usually are on the ones the honeybees don't visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need bees to keep pollinating my fruit trees and veggies so I try to attract them to the area ahead of time :) if they're happy early in season they're more likely to stay in the area.

      Delete
  6. Your radishes look just like mine. French Breakfast is my favorite variety. Though I picked some from a farm that were really good and don't know the name. I wish I did so I could grow them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Easter Egg choice? they are very good too. I do grow French Breakfast mostly at home since they are so easy and quick.

      Delete