This week has been a mix of good and bad - good that I was able to get really good variety of veggies, and bad that some things like strawberries and peas came to an end of the harvest. Pulled a volunteer potato that was blocking my melon patch and had enough for a nice meal with head of broccoli (wish those were growing better).
I picked half of the garlic from the small garden - about 30 or so bulbs. Some started to split from too much water and some rotted on roots, but majority could have used a bit more time. And I was very happy with the size overall.
So far I've cleaned only about 19 heads and the rest still waiting outside drying on the chair.
And I've picked first cherry tomato! Not very big and could have used another day to get sweeter but it was a treat to have first tomato of the season!
Then I pulled few Yukon Gold and one blue bush from the small garden - I need that space for my carrots. Blue potatoes were disappointing, but yukons are very good in harvest so far.
another new item - rutabaga! It's a bit small and I only picked 2 to try for taste but it's also first time I tried growing it at all so not too bad of an experiment.
and of course tons of lettuces and kale - many were yanked out because they're started to bolt. will have to plant something else instead.